Tuesday 26 January 2010

Here we go again

Woot! Large brown cardboard box arrived yesterday which means it can only be Open University time again.

Sure enough the first half of MST221 has arrived along with the usual assortment of DVDs and funny coloured bits of paper. I now have three copies of the "Enrichment Material" thanks to previously doing MU120 and MST121 but oddly enough the didn't send another copy of Mathcad and presumably assume you did MST121 and have the box handy somewhere (I did, but spent ten minutes rummaging through funny coloured bits of paper to find the sodding password).

On the subject of Mathcad... has ever a more crappy piece of software ever been designed? I mean it's hideous ugly, buggy as hell (touch the scroll wheel of your mouse at your peril) and I think I could do the maths faster sometimes its that slow. I really do not like using it at all and I really wist the OU could sort out a deal with Wolfram so we could use Mathematica - you know software people in the real world use?

Rather amusingly I notice that my tutor is the same one I had when I was doing MU120, less amusingly one of my tutorials is in Ipswitch which is quite a flapping distance from the lair.

Anyway time to dust of MST121 for a bit of revision on sequences and then I'll get an early start on unit A - I find keeping two or three weeks ahead of the study timetable works best for me and allows for a bit of wiggle room should things get tricky away from sums.

No comments:

Post a Comment